Carole Dufort is a bilingual national award winning educator and administrator who has spent a lifetime working in Public Education including as Vice-Principal of Arklan Community Public School and as Principal of Caldwell Street Public School. She is a published author who has led two schools to high performing status; including Caldwell Street Public School in Carleton Place. Carole has championed numerous anti-bullying, healthy and safe schools initiatives and was honoured alongside the Caldwell Street Public School community with the prestigious national Health Promoting Champion School Award.
Carole is a tireless advocate for students and families; spearheading the Upper Canada District School Board Champions for Kids Foundation as president and presenting provincially on parent engagement and equity and inclusive education for the Ministry of Education. She currently works for a non-profit educational organization promoting healthy eating, classroom gardens and hands-on learning for students. Carole is known for her proven track record of bringing people together for a common goal, for her keen understanding of moving policy into action and for her willingness to work alongside the people she is advocating for.
As English Public Trustee for Beckwith, Carleton Place and Mississippi Mills (Ward 1/UCDSB), Carole will continue to work tirelessly to ensure that the voices of all families, students, and community members are listened to, valued and respected. She believes that schools must be places where all students are provided with a wide variety of engaging and innovative programs, that healthy, inclusive and safe schools are essential for learning and transparent business and educational practices are key to accountability. Having lived and worked in Eastern Ontario for most of her life, Carole understands the opportunities and challenges of small and rural schools and she will continue to be a strong advocate for our communities. A vote for Carole is a vote to ensure we will be heard at the Upper Canada District School Board.
Selected Career Highlights
- Over 30 years of experience in education including teaching French Core and Immersion programming, leading Arklan Community Public School as Vice-Principal and Caldwell Street Public School as Principal
- Led Caldwell Street Public School community to win a National Healthy School award and led two schools to High Performing Status (including Caldwell Street Public School
- Canada Outstanding Principal Award Winner from the Learning Partnership, Ontario Principals’ Council/UCDSB recipient of the Ted Kennedy Award of Character
- Provincial committee leadership in Parent Engagement, Leadership and Governance and Teaching and Policy Standards for the Ministry of Education Ontario
- Bachelors Degree in Special Education
- Principal instructor for York University/UCDSB Principals’ Qualification Program
- Workshop presenter at the local and provincial levels: Parent Engagement, Equity and Inclusive Education from a Small and Rural School Perspective
- 150th Committee member Tay Valley Township